August 13, 2010

Prints Charming



I spotted these pillows on Daily Candy recently and was really taken by the hand silk-screened patterns and palettes. Designer Suki Cheema launched this debut line in January, featuring prints inspired by his travels through India. He calls his collection a love affair between art, travel, and textiles. Rings true to me. I recently finished reading Jhumpa Lahiri's novel, The Namesake, a beautiful story about a Bengali couple that immigrates to the US and the growing cultural divide between them and their American-born children. I've had the rich colors of India on my mind ever since--highly recommended (the movie is pretty good too).

Suki is releasing his Spring 2011 collection 'Nasca' at next week's NY International Gift Fair. This time his prints have a Peruvian flair. Check out a sneak peak here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment