November 4, 2010

Exquisite Art

Unless this is the only design blog you read (hi Mom!), you've probably already read much buzz about The Exquisite Book. So in an attempt to avoid too much repetition, I'm just sharing my personal favorite panels here...
An abstract piece by Mike Perry




and a rainbow laser-eyed buffalo by Lisa Congdon. Gah! Love! I went to the book party/signing event in NYC recently, and it was awesome to meet and greet so many of my favorite illustrators all in one place (Julia Rothman, Mike Lowery, Laura Ljungkvist, Aaron Meshon + many more). I've had the privilege of working with some of their illustrations before, so it's always fun to put a face to a name.

I also thought it was hilarious that the artist who illustrated my favorite panel in the whole book (I'm looking at you, Mike Perry) was signing everyone's book with two big... (well you can see for yourself below)...



Anyway, it's really a lovely book with a great concept, and some very cool art. It would make a wonderful gift! (holiday gifting time has officially begun, yes?).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jordan shoes
air jordan
golden goose
yeezy
jordan sneakers
bape
golden goose
yeezy 700
fear of god essentials hoodie
fear of god outlet

Post a Comment