January 2, 2012

Fiber Futures

 

I love all things Japan, but somehow I never made it over to the Japan Society until very recently. The interior is lovely complete with a soothing Japanese style garden in the lobby. I went to check out the Fibers Future exhibit in their gallery space, and it was definitely worth the trip. Photography was not allowed, but these are some shots from the Japan Society website.


Unfortunately I caught the last weekend of the fibers exhibit, and it is no longer open, but the video below features a lot of the pieces and gives a good sense of the space. Enjoy!



There is also a Deco Japan exhibit coming in March that looks intriguing. If you've got most of the major NYC museums covered, I suggest adding the Japan Society to your list (also free Friday nights!).

(Pictured pieces by Yuh Okano, Kiyomi Iwata, Hitomi Nagai, and Akio Hamatani)

0 comments:

Post a Comment