November 17, 2009

Village Pillows

Though not what you'd expect from a designer of children's products, gray is absolutely my color this year...


I love how the gray + yellow color palette adds a jolt of sophistication to these charming Village Pillows, hand screen-printed by Brooklyn-based illustrator/designer, Rachael Cole. I saw early stages of this project a few years back when Rachael was my mentor designer at one of my college internships. I am so thrilled to find that it has come to fruition--and in such a lovely way! The pillows' playful illustrations are combined with a unique and clever concept: they work as a set and can be rearranged to build your own little village! Of course they work as individual pieces just as well. So go ahead--add some homey goodness to your modern living room! Visit Rachael's site here for purchasing info.




(Images: David A. Land)

0 comments:

Post a Comment