December 8, 2009

Julia Kuo


I couldn't be more pleased to feature the work of illustrator, Julia Kuo, with whom I had the sincere privilege of sharing a studio space with for an entire year! I watched Julia grow as an illustrator, as she watched me grow as a designer, and though our skills vary, I've always felt a connection with Julia in terms of taste, style, ambition, hopes, dreams, obsessions.... not to mention stature! (hehe, of course I'm still shorter). I always knew Julia to focus on the super cute/super cute + moody, but I totally love her recent forays into the 'super cool' (see fashion portraits below). I'm so proud of all the successes Julia has found in the past few years (hello, New York Times!!)...though not at all surprised. Expect great things from her coming soon... check out her site to view more work, commission illustrations, or purchase original art! Here are some of my favorites:

Album cover art (above and below)


Portraits from street fashion blogs (these put me in color palette heaven)




LOVE the clever use of the page in this sketchbook drawing

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jordan shoes
air jordan
golden goose
yeezy
jordan sneakers
bape
golden goose
yeezy 700
fear of god essentials hoodie
fear of god outlet

Post a Comment