September 11, 2010

Giant Robot NYC's Final Show

Last weekend I swung by the Giant Robot NYC gallery for the opening of 'Out and About,' a showing by two artists I love, Kelly Tunstall and Susie Ghahremani. Kelly's artsy females never fail to charm, and Susie is quite simply the Queen of Cute.



I've worked with Kelly's illustrations in the past (see Mudpuppy products for purchase here and here), and it was great to meet her in person. She was the sweetest! (see photo below, right)



However, while I was there I learned that Giant Robot NYC is closing at the end of the month. This is very sad news indeed. Giant Robot has been a great supporter of some of my favorite illustrators (past shows include Jen Corace, Adrian Tomine, Julia Rothman). If you're in NYC, be sure to check out the final show and purchase some discounted goods in the shop while you still can!

2 comments:

susie said...

Thank you so much for coming to our show, Emily!!

Anonymous said...

so sad and wish I could have seen it. Peace!
Sandra

Post a Comment