January 30, 2011

RIP Laptop (2005-2011)

Hello dear blog readers,

I'm just stopping in to let you know I haven't abandoned you. I am back from my trip, but my laptop has sadly reached the end of his life. It happened while I was in the process of backing up recent files, so thankfully the majority of my data is secure (I know I will probably wake up in the middle of the night and remember certain things that are now lost... but what can I do?). It could have been a lot worse (I keep reminding myself).

I am in the process of figuring out what to do next (read: how much of my money is going to Apple this week...), but until I get set up with a new machine, I will likely be absent from the blog. Thanks for bearing with me for awhile. I do plan to be back in action, and I hope you will continue to check back.

Thanks for the support.

xo, Emily

1 comments:

Mallory said...

That's miserable, Emily. My laptop is just about the same age. It's had many computer equivalents of heart attacks / strokes, but it has always been able to be resuscitated (although I lost some data a few times - so I know how groan-worthy that is - I still get upset if I think of some of the things I lost).

I know that it's going to actually die sometime very soon, so I've been backing everything up every other day. I don't relish the idea of having to buy another laptop, but once I DO have to do that, I know I'll be psyched at the... luxuriousness of breaking in a new computer, haha.

Post a Comment